ExtremeGsm.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powered By: -=CheS_06=-

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First black president in White House in American History

Go down 
AuthorMessage
howellquioc
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
howellquioc

Male
Number of posts : 524
Rank : First black president in White House in American History Modera10
First black president in White House in American History Left_bar_bleue85 / 10085 / 100First black president in White House in American History Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

First black president in White House in American History Empty
PostSubject: First black president in White House in American History   First black president in White House in American History Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 10:14 am

First black president in White House in American History Obama
Obama shattered the centuries-old history by winning the presidential elections with a victorious 338 votes against McCain who bagged just 161. And the candidate needed 270 to win. He further congratulated his opponent for his class and honour..

AS THE final calls were being made for the 44th president-elect of the United States of America, a volcano of energy began to erupt in the jam packed Grant Park, Chicago. And finally at the stroke of 11 pm ET, a jubilant Senator Barack Obama, walked out with his family to make his acceptance speech as President, before a triumphant crowd of emotionally charged 125,000 Chicagoans and millions around the country.

Emerging from the backstage, Obama walked along with his wife and two daughters declaring that, "If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer." He further asserted, "Young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled Americans have sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of red states and blue states, we have been and always will be the United States of America". Reaffirming his promise for change Obama further added, "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America." Barack further congratulated his opponent John McCain for his class and honour during the election.

A first-time voter Jack Forest said, "Even though I was unsure of my choice of candidates and was a bit hesitant until 11:00 pm last night, I finally cast my vote for Barack Obama this morning and I cast my vote because I believe that Obama is a reincarnation of John F Kennedy. And I actually watched his archived speeches online, parts of the debates and I made my choice based on his charisma and leadership qualities. Because sometimes, I do not focus only on experience but because after eight years of this country being messed up by the Republicans, I desperately wanted a change of guard in the White House. And even though he may not be as experienced as McCain, I somehow had this uncanny feeling that he will live up to his promises. And I think the Americans who voted for Barack and helped him attain his victory, have seconded me tonight."

Around 11 pm EST, John McCain placed a call to Barack Obama, offering him his congratulations for the victory in the elections. Addressing a medium sized rally of supporters at Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix John McCain said, "The American people have spoken and they have spoken clearly
We both recognise that though we have come a long way from the old injustices that once stained our nation’s reputation and denied some Americans the full blessings of American citizenship, the memory of them still has the power to wound." Even though some booed Barack Obama on his victory, John McCain calmed them down by pledging his support for the new president-elect. He said, "Let there be no reason for any American to fail to cherish their citizenship in this, the greatest nation on Earth".

Reacting sharply to the Republican results, Natalie Donahue said, "First they did not allow Hillary Clinton to stand as the presidential candidate and now they did not allow Governor Sarah Palin to become the country’s first female Vice-President and yet they talk about and promise change. However, this is just a change of colour."

Obama shattered the centuries-old history by winning the presidential elections with a victorious 338 votes against McCain who bagged just 161. And the candidate needed 270 to win the elections. Obama’s campaign completely swept this monumental election by breaking the republican strong holds such as Virginia, Colorado, Ohio and Florida.
Back to top Go down

First black president in White House in American History
Page 1 of 1